Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Why should our organization consider appointments?
- Our event is the “main event” in our industry. Why should we consider CMC Tradeshow Appointments?
- My organization does not like to change too rapidly. Why should I consider this?
- We want to offer a value added component to our event but our exhibitors don't want to pay anything for it. How can we structure this to offset the cost of CMC Tradeshow Appointments?
- How can I get attendees to commit to appointments?
- How do we get started?
- Is the contract by event or with our organization regardless of the number of events we produce?
- What is the cost? How do you charge for this service?
- Is there a software licensing fee or an out right purchase of software?
- Do you charge the exhibitors and attendees for this service?
- This doesn't sound like it is for my clientele because they love booths.
- How do you keep the appointment program from competing with other programs, like educational seminars and keynote speaker, that I offer at the show?
- This could work, but I can schedule appointments myself. Why do I need CMC?
- There are other scheduling services available. Why should I use CMC?
- Who is responsible for on-site services?
- Each event is different. How do you address this issue?
1. Why should our organization consider appointments?
Tradeshow Appointments® facilitates guaranteed face-to-face time between the right people, which increases the overall value of an event and results in higher ROI for participants.
2. Our event is the “main event” in our industry. Why should we consider CMC Tradeshow Appointments?
CMC Tradeshow Appointments® is cutting edge and is attractive to most companies who realize the importance of integrating fresh and innovative ideas into events in order to maintain their competitive edge and to provide additional customer service.
3. My organization does not like to change too rapidly. Why should I consider this?
Appointment programs have been recognized domestically and internationally as a valuable addition to exhibit marketing and will soon be a standard program in many trade show events. If organizers do not continuously consider and integrate new ideas into their events, they risk losing exhibitors and attendees to their competitors.
4. We want to offer a value added component to our event but our exhibitors don't want to pay anything for it. How can we structure this to offset the cost of CMC Tradeshow Appointments?
While every show is different, there are marketing techniques that can be introduced that make it easy for organizers to promote the concept. For example:
- Offer exhibitors a “super-sized” version of your event and make it easy for them to upgrade.
- Give them a free booth if they register for the more expensive Appointment Division and build your costs in the package.
- Offer a free or discounted first time “sample” of CMC Tradeshow Appointments®.
- Promote the event as a VIP level of service. Invite a handful of your VIPs to participate. Make it exclusive and prominent. It will be easy to sell the following year.
- Coach the exhibitors so they understand that CMC Tradeshow Appointments® are as valuable but more efficient and less costly then on the road sales calls. They will see the value in paying for the custom matched lead and the appointment.
5. How can I get attendees to commit to appointments?
Marketed as an exclusive VIP service, attendees are enticed to learn more about CMC Tradeshow Appointments®. The efficiency and productivity that prearranged appointments add to a booth style event, will motivate attendees to commit to this new business model. CMC Tradeshow Appointments® offers the opportunity to meet with exhibitors that might otherwise be overlooked.
6. How do we get started?
- First, a CMC consultant discusses the organizer's goals for the event and whether the appointment program will help reach the objectives and benefit the show's participants.
- Next, CMC requests that the organization completes a discovery document that helps us understand your event and its dynamics. We also provide a General Service Document, which outlines the services CMC offers.
- If the organizer elects to proceed, CMC requires a non-disclosure agreement to be executed by the organization in order to protect the proprietary nature of the information released.
- An online guided demonstration of the web based appointment program is offered at this time.
- A detailed and customized business proposal follows, which takes into consideration the specific parameters of the event.
- Finally, a formal contract is agreed to.
7. Is the contract by event or with our organization regardless of the number of events we produce?
The contract is completely customized for each show organizer and based upon number of events.
8. What is the cost? How do you charge for this service?
The organizer is charged a maximum licensing and set up fee of $15,000. This fee is for one event's software and server hardware over a standard three month term. Extended terms, custom features, marketing or management services may incur extra cost.
9. Is there a software licensing fee or an out right purchase of software?
There is a software licensing fee charged to the show organizer. Currently, the software is not for sale.
10. Do you charge the exhibitors and attendees for this service?
CMC does not charge the exhibitors or attendees for appointment services. Organizers determine whether and how much to charge their customers for the service. Some organizers use the appointment program as an added benefit at no charge to set the show apart from competing events. Other organizers choose charge participants, which makes the appointment program a significant source of income in addition to booth and attendance sales.
11. This doesn't sound like it is for my clientele because they love booths.
The appointment program compliments a booth exhibition. CMC Tradeshow Appointments® ensure the connection that attendees and exhibitors want from a show. Prearranged appointments offer the initial opportunity to meet and build relationships that are then continued in the booths. Tradeshow Appointments® makes post-show follow-up easy and helps extend the life of your event.
12. How do you keep the appointment program from competing with other programs, like educational seminars and keynote speaker, that I offer at the show?
The software allows the organizer to “black out” times when appointments should not take place. The individual participants may also indicate when they are not available for appointments because of other personal or show obligations.
13. This could work, but I can schedule appointments myself. Why do I need CMC?
Very basic scheduling can be done internally and manually but it is extremely difficult to customize appointments for a large number of people. CMC provides and supports sophisticated, integrated software that gives the organizer the freedom to completely customize the appointment system for their exhibitors and attendees and allowing them to offer first class customer service.
14. There are other scheduling services available. Why should I use CMC?
CMC is a full service contractor that has specialized in compatibility matching solutions and appointment scheduling technology in the tradeshow industry since 1995. We know first hand how to run a successful appointment program, from start to finish. CMC's customized appointment scheduling system uses technology that addresses not only the product interests of the participants, but also the time constraints of the show and each participant with little effort. The program requires minimal attention and time from the show staff, is simple to use yet yields big results.
15. Who is responsible for on-site services?
The level of service is covered in the customized contract, but typically, CMC will staff the appointment program with one IT support professional and at least one support staff, depending on the size and complexity of the event. We will also train your appointed personnel on specific aspects of appointment division procedures.
16. Each event is different. How do you address this issue?
CMC completely customizes the services and the appointment program to fit the needs requested by the show organizer. The software has many flexible features that accommodate the vast majority of organizers’ requirements.